The Ultimate Guide to Training and Caring for a Shih Tzu
My name is Katie Davis and I'm a proud Shih Tzu mommy.
You know, picking out a puppy is one of the most important – and stressful –
things you’ll ever do. If you’re anything like me, you start out with a breed
you like to look at. Maybe your childhood pet was a particular breed; perhaps
you’ve seen a breed that caught your eye while watching the Westminster Kennel
Club show on TV.
Whatever the reason, you just like a certain dog.
For me - and thousands of others - it's the Shih Tzu. Are you like me, too?
Then we already have lots in common!
But bringing home your first puppy can be nerve-wracking because …
No Owner’s Manual Comes with Your New Shih Tzu …
But You’ll Need One!
So many of my clients say they wish they’d had some kind of manual that they
could refer to before, during and after getting their dog but there was nothing
out there. That’s why I created The Ultimate Guide to the Shih Tzu
just for you so you can benefit from my years of experience with this breed and
be miles ahead of other new dog owners.
And this guide isn’t just for new puppy owners. It’s ideal if:
- You’re considering getting a Shih Tzu, you’ll have tons of information to
help in your decision making process
- You have a new Shih Tzu and want to get off to a good, solid start, and
- You’re already a Shih Tzu owner and may be having some repairable problems
You’ll discover things like …
- 5 Reasons Why a Shih Tzu Might Not Be For You
– Yes, I’ll tell you the good, the bad and the ugly about this breed. I’d
rather see you happy with your new puppy or dog than to pick a Shih Tzu
because she’s cute (and she is!) yet being unaware of some of the breed’s
- What You Need to Know About Feeding and Exercise
– While this may seem a little basic, Shih Tzu’s have some important
requirements. Miss these and you could be a regular at your vet’s office!
- Small Dog Complex – Did you know that your Shih
Tzu could have some behavioral problems all tied to his size? It’s true.
Check out Section 5 of The Ultimate Guide to the Shih Tzu
to get my recommendations for Small Dog Complex…
Do the above points sound like I’m trying to talk you out of a Shih Tzu? Not
at all! Like any breed, there are some things you’ll deal with when raising or
training a Shih Tzu and you’ll succeed far better and faster than others when
you have all the right information to refer to.
Yes, You Can Have a Well-Trained,
Well-Behaved Shih Tzu!
I used to admire the “perfectness” of my friends’ dogs. They walked well on
lead (also called “loose leash”), didn’t jump up and bark, and curled up on the
floor right near their favorite human’s feet.
What I didn’t know was that it took some time to have a puppy or dog fit into
a family schedule and environment. Luckily, you have The Ultimate
Guide to the Shih Tzu to help you train and care for your perfect
And it won’t take nearly as long because you have the answers you need
without waiting for the vet or a trainer to return your anxious phone calls!
- Knowing exactly what questions to ask a breeder so you start out on the
right foot (or is that paw?) with just the right Shih Tzu puppy for your
- Being able to leave the house knowing that there won’t be any destruction
or messes when you return – I have some simple, effective techniques that
will help you train your Shih Tzu whether you’ve adopted a puppy, rescued a
full grown dog, or just have some training issues.
- Having a gentle and loving companion for your whole family – You won’t
have to worry about whether she’ll bite the postman’s ankle or turn on your
Subscribe to FREE Shih Tzu Tips Quick...
Your information will never be sold or shared with anyone.
I respect your privacy and hate SPAM with a passion
Listen, It's Just Like Having a Shih Tzu Bible at Your Fingertips...
Instead of false starts and misdirection, you can have the Shih Tzu bible at
your fingertips. Here are just a few of the tips, tricks and techniques you’ll
learn in The Ultimate Guide to the Shih Tzu:
- All About the Breed
– I’ll give you some history and facts about the Shih Tzu’s background
as well as some things to look for when picking a puppy at the breeder …
like what the build, coat and color should be … so you choose the
best puppy for you (page 4)
- Searching For and Choosing the Right Shih Tzu Breeder
– Getting a good start makes all the difference. The search alone can be
daunting but I’ll give you some tips on where to look for and how to
pick a reputable Shih Tzu breeder. Find out the pros and cons of working
with a breeder as well as my 5 all-star questions to ask (page 46)
- How to Choose the Right Puppy for You – Just as it
is with us two-leggers, how puppies relate to one another is an
important factor if you’re getting a puppy rather than an adult dog. I
give you 5 sure fire signs to watch out for so you
don’t pick the wrong one! (page 55)
- How Much Will She Cost?
– Aside from paying a breeder, you’ll have costs associated with raising
a new puppy. On page 40, I give you a chart which breaks down some of
the costs associated with adopting a new puppy, like:
- Vet Visits – Did you know there are 3
critical sets of vaccinations that must be done? Without
these you put your new Shih Tzu’s health at risk
- Home Supplies – This list is a must-have
before bringing home your new pup or dog
- Doggie Essentials
– Learn what you’ll need for her from leashes to collars to stain
removers (you’ll need them but don’t worry too much about that)
- Puppy or Full Grown Dog? This is one of the first
questions I get from clients as they begin their search for their Shih
Tzu. In The Ultimate Guide to the Shih Tzu, I
outline the pros and cons of each and why you might want to choose a
rescue dog (page 44)
- Make Her New Home Feel Welcome
– I’ll show you exactly what steps to take in order to make your new
friend’s transition from Mom and siblings to your house be as
comfortable and stress-free as possible. Don’t know what puppy proofing
is? You will on page 59!
- What Do I Feed Him and When?
– While this may come naturally for some, it’s an adjustment for the
whole family whether you’ve adopted a pup or an adult dog. I have 5 tips
for feeding your Shih Tzu that will give you a sure shortcut to success
- Training Can Be Fun and Rewarding … for Both of You!
You’ll learn how to housetrain your Shih Tzu as well as what to expect
when traveling with him, what he’s like when riding in the car, some
behavior basics, and what you’ll want to have close at hand when on the
road (page 116)
- Exercise and Coat Care Essentials for Your Shih Tzu
– These sections include important tips on eye care (they tend to stain
so I’ve given you some suggestions on how to deal with that), Shih Tzu
dental care, and a recipe for puppy pushups to relieve boredom (page
83)Discipline Without Fear
– In this section I’ll show you how to make behavior corrections with
your Shih Tzu that won’t ruin your dog. Skip this section and you may
have a dog that is timid or aggressive (page 90)
- The Right Way and the Wrong Way of Brushing
– Brushing your Shih Tzu’s coat should be pretty elementary, right?
Well, there really is a right way and a wrong way and I’ll fill you in
on all the details of how to give your Shih Tzu’s coat the loving care
it deserves. Too much or too little of this will wreck his coat
- Health Concerns – While not every Shih Tzu will
experience health problems, there are 3 main areas where you’ll want to
have a head start:
- Skin and Ears: Find out what skin allergies
your Shih Tzu may be prone to developing and why you should keep a
close eye on their ears
- Joint and Bone Issues: Know what a slipped
stifle is? You’ll want to have this information at hand in case you
need to deal with it
- Organs and Eyes: There are a number of things
you’ll want to be familiar with, especially how to care for a dog
with big eyes and a squished face!
- 5 Steps for Successful Housetraining
– Housetraining can occur with a new pup or with a rescue dog who never
learned. On page 117 you’ll learn my “high five” techniques for
- Come. Sit. Stay.
– These are basic commands that all dog owners should use on a daily
basis and I’ll give you my sure-fire tips to make learning these easy
and fun. I’ll even show you my secret weapon to stop annoying barking!
- Show Your Shih Tzu! – If you’re interested, you’ll
have lots of tips to help you on your way to Best in Show including
proper heeling, handling and show etiquette (page 134)
- And much, much more!
Are you ready to get started?
No Bark, No Bite
Money Back Guarantee
Because I want to make absolutely sure you’re happy with your new Shih
Tzu puppy … and with me for that matter! … I’m giving you my best
guarantee. If you don’t learn something new about Shih Tzus that you can
use right now, I’ll give you back every penny you paid.
And since this is a digital ebook that you can download from the
Internet even at 2 AM, you don't even have to pay any shipping.
The Ultimate Guide to the Shih Tzu is
jam-packed with so much useful information that it would take you months
to find – and probably hundreds of dollars if you hired an expert to
help you – but you have it all here for just $8.95.
Save $$ on
Vet Bills, Training, and Grooming Just By Having Everything You Need to
Know at Your Fingertips
Let’s face it: trips to the vet these days are skyrocketing, grooming
can be pricey and training alone can cost hundreds. Let The
Ultimate Guide to the Shih Tzu give you a head start on a
happy, healthy life for you and your new Shih Tzu.
Click the button below to order and have a great experience with your new
And, please, let me know how things are going and feel free to get in touch
should you have any questions!
Yours in Shih Tzu happiness,
Click Here to Order.
$13.95 Today $8.95 (save $5.00)
Works with all Shih Tzus